Our Athletic Teachers impact students’ lives by:
- Promoting the mission and values of the school through the teaching of sports and games
- Long-term unit planning and daily lesson planning
- Coaching athletic teams
- Assisting in literacy assessments and small group instruction when needed
- Communicating with parents/guardians about student progress
- Quickly implementing feedback and goal-setting into lesson delivery
- Collaborating with teammates in grade-level and subject-level teams
- Participating in the life of the school, including student activities and events
- Maintaining a classroom culture conducive to student achievement
- Participating in daily, weekly, and quarterly meetings about student achievement
- Taking on other tasks as needed
Apply now if you:
- Believe in the mission and values of Crescent City Schools
- Believe in the unlimited potential of each child
- Have demonstrated past success working with students in urban settings
- Inspire your students and colleagues
- Required: Have a BA or BS Degree
- Preferred: Possess Louisiana Teacher Certification (or equivalent certification in another state)
- Regularly required to sit, stand, walk, talk, hear, kneel, crouch, bend, operate a computer and other office equipment, reach with hands and arms, and must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
- This is an in-person role
About Crescent City Schools
Crescent City Schools is a nonprofit Charter Management Organization whose mission is to support and develop open-enrollment charter schools that raise student achievement and prepare students for college. Crescent City Schools currently operates three PreK-8th grade open-enrollment charter schools: Harriet Tubman and Dorothy Height Charter Schools on the West Bank, and Akili Academy in the Upper Ninth Ward. Our organization creates life-changing educational experiences for students and, through this work, transforms a city.
At Crescent City Schools, we believe in inspiring people. And we firmly believe our success is driven by dedicated and talented employees. Crescent City Schools is committed to attracting and retaining the best professionals in education, with an array of backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives.
Compensation is competitive and based on experience.
We offer a fantastic benefits package.