Our School Counselors impact students’ lives by:
- Embodying, advocating, and operationalizing the mission, vision, and direction of the school
- Counseling students with emotional or academic issues, including special education students
- Designing prevention and intervention programs that address student social and emotional health
- Participating in child find, School Building Level, and other special education-related committees
- Serving as a resource for teachers on student social, emotional, and behavioral development
- Participating in daily, weekly, and quarterly meetings about student achievement
- Using leadership feedback and goal-setting to improve daily practice
- Participating in the life of the school, including student activities and events
- Taking on other tasks, as needed
Apply now if you:
- Believe in the mission and values of Crescent City Schools
- Believe in the unlimited potential of each child
- Have an outstanding record of working with students in non-selective schools
- Are a Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC)
- Regularly required to sit, stand, walk, talk, hear, operate a computer and other office equipment, reach with hands and arms, and must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds
- This is an in-person role
About Crescent City Schools
Crescent City Schools is a nonprofit Charter Management Organization whose mission is to support and develop open-enrollment charter schools that raise student achievement and prepare students for college. Crescent City Schools currently operates three PreK-8th grade open-enrollment charter schools: Harriet Tubman and Dorothy Height Charter Schools on the West Bank, and Akili Academy in the Upper Ninth Ward. Our organization creates life-changing educational experiences for students and, through this work, transforms a city.
At Crescent City Schools, we believe in inspiring people. And we firmly believe our success is driven by dedicated and talented employees. Crescent City Schools is committed to attracting and retaining the best professionals in education, with an array of backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives.
Compensation is competitive and based on experience.
We offer a fantastic benefits package.