Our Librarian impacts students’ lives by:
- Building and maintaining an efficient system of classifying, cataloging, and circulating all library materials; instructs teachers and students in the use of the library system.
- Maintaining a schedule that is flexible and accessible to students and faculty.
- Establishing an environment that encourages learning and fosters use, encouraging appropriate conduct of students using the facility.
- Keeping records of student use, circulation, purchases, and losses; provides regular reports on the library as required by the administration and as needed for planning purposes.
- Supervising the regular inventory of library materials, evaluating the collection, weeding obsolete and worn materials, and updating inventory records and the catalog.
- Implementing strong organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Maintaining the safety and development of the students in his or her care
- Participating in the life of the school, including student activities and events
- Embodying, advocating, and operationalizing the mission, vision, and direction of the school
- Taking on other tasks as needed
What We Offer:
- Click here for more information about our innovative compensation system. This role may be on the Lead Scale or the Associate Scale (depending on the applicant's experience and qualifications). It may include bumps for taking on leadership responsibilities, summer work, doing work outside of your regular duties, or longevity with CCS.
- Click here for more information about our award-winning benefits package, which includes fully-paid health insurance, immediate 4% 401k match, employer-paid mental health services, and generous leave policies.
Apply now if you:
- Believe in the mission and values of Crescent City Schools
- Have a bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university (preferred)
- Regularly required to sit, stand, walk, talk, hear, kneel, crouch, operate a computer and other office equipment, reach with hands and arms, and must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds, may involve repetitive motions (Making substantial movements of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers)
- This is an in-person role
About Crescent City Schools
Crescent City Schools is a nonprofit Charter Management Organization whose mission is to support and develop open-enrollment charter schools that raise student achievement and prepare students for college. Crescent City Schools currently operates three PreK-8th grade open-enrollment charter schools: Harriet Tubman and Dorothy Height Charter Schools on the West Bank and Mildred Osborne Charter School in the Kenilworth neighborhood. Our organization creates life-changing educational experiences for students and, through this work, transforms a city.
At Crescent City Schools, we believe in inspiring people. And we firmly believe our success is driven by dedicated and talented employees. Crescent City Schools is committed to attracting and retaining the best professionals in education with an array of backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives